Information is often obscured in election campaigns, the job of the media should be to bring it to the fore. Today we are praying about this, that we get good coverage of relevant facts and that data is presented in a way which is simple to understand and unbiased.
- Pray for the economics editors and political correspondents of the news media that they will be able to examine manifesto claims justly and present them clearly
- Pray that candidates being interviewed on the media or questioned at hustings will understand their policies and be able to give good account of them
- Pray that the electorate will feel that they have been well informed about the differences between parties and candidates and that they feel able to make good decisions on polling day
- Where there are sharp disagreements about statements made by one side or the other, pray that there will be no ‘hang-over’ beyond the election that enables one side or the other not to accept results
Bible Reading: Various verses from Proverbs. Today’s prayer from engage19.org.uk : Lord, we lift to You the party leaders. Please help them to present their beliefs and proposals clearly in debates on radio, television and online. Amen.
CARE have launched a website devoted to information about, and prayer for, the Election. It is www.engaGE19.org.uk and their suggested prayer for today is included above.
Each week we will be focussing our prayer as below:
- THIS WEEK: The Media and Election Communication
- NEXT WEEK: Policies and Manifestos
- W/c 8th December: Election Week